Dairy Free Scones
A delicious and indulgent plant based ice cream treat without.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minute
- Preheat the oven to 430°F (220°C)
- Sift the flour into a mixing bowl and add salt and baking powder.
- Add the coconut oil and rub in with your fingers until the mix is crumbly.
- Add the caster sugar.
- Then add the coconut milk. vanilla extract and lemon juice and mix in with a spoon.
- Flour your work surface and your hands, and add extra flour as needed as you move the mix out of the mixing bowl and roll it with your hands into a big ball.
- If the dough is sticky at any point, add more flour.
- Flatten it out so that there is space to cut out 6 scones.
- Dip a smooth cutter in flour and then cut out 6 scones and place them on a parchment lined baking tray.
- Roll the remaining dough and cut out 2 more scones.
- Roll again and cut out another 2 scones, with anything left over becoming the final scone.
- Brush the tops of the scones with coconut milk.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until golden on top.
- Serve with strawberry jam and Food Heaven Heavenly Whipped cream!